“In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty; in all things love.”
– Rupertus Meldenius
At Grace City Church we submit to God’s Word & preach the Bible weekly. Our goal is to make disciples of Jesus Christ. We are a Non-Denominational Christian church that encourages unity around the gospel & stands firm on the foundational truths of the Christian faith.
The Gospel is the “good news” of what God has done to save sinners. As a church we are passionate about the Gospel of Jesus Christ because we believe that it’s the foundation of everything we believe. The gospel is the good news that God has graciously pursued a relationship with sinners through the sinless life, sacrificial death, and bodily resurrection of his Son, Jesus Christ. Through Jesus we have forgiveness from all of our sin and complete justification before God.
The Gospel is not only the means by which people are saved, but also the truth and power by which people grow; it is the promises of the Gospel that enable us to genuinely and joyfully do what is pleasing to God and to grow in continual conformity to the image of Christ.
The salvation offered in the gospel message is received by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. No ordinance, ritual, work, or any other activity on the part of man is required in order to be saved. It is ultimately the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit of God that points us to the good news of Jesus Christ.
( Mark 1:1 ; Luke 24:46-47 ; John 3:16-18 ; Romans 1:16-17 ;Romans 1:18-25 ; Ⅰ Corinthians 1:18-25 ; Ⅰ Corinthians 2:2 ;Ⅰ Corinthians 15:1-4 ; Ⅱ Corinthians 4:1-6 ; Ⅱ Corinthians 9:13 ;Galatians 1:6-9 ; Ephesians 1:7-10 ; Colossians 1:19-20 ;Ⅱ Timothy 1:8-14 ; Ⅱ Peter 3:11-13 Jude 3-4 ; Revelation 21-22 )
There is only one true God, Creator of heaven and earth, who eternally exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. All things exist for the glory of God.
(Matthew 3:16-17; 1 John 5:7-8; Deut 6:4; Isaiah 64:8; John 16:7-15; Heb 1:2-3)
We believe that man was created in the image of God to have fellowship with Him, but became alienated from that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, humanity is spiritually dead and totally incapable of coming back into a right relationship with God by his or her own effort.
(Genesis 1:26; John 3:16; Acts 2:22-39; Rom 3:21-24)
We believe that Jesus Christ (the Son of God) became flesh to reveal God to man and from the foundation of the world is the promised Savior to the lost. He, being fully God and fully man, is the only person to have lived a sinless life and pay the full atoning penalty for sin on the cross. He physically resurrected from the dead and is alive today seated at the right hand of God the Father. Jesus will return to earth in power and glory.
We believe that salvation only occurs when a person places their faith in the perfect life, death & resurrection of Jesus Christ as the sufficient & full payment for their sin. This justification before God is by His grace. We believe that salvation is a free gift given at God’s initiative, and must be received personally by faith through the power of the Holy Spirit.
(Luke 24:46-47; John 1:29; Acts 3:19; 1 John 1:7-9; Revelation 5:9)
The Christian Life…
We believe that God has equipped every Christian with the power of the Holy Spirit to live the Christian life. It is only because of God’s mercy and grace that we are saved and sanctified, so we live a life of complete dependance on God for change in our lives. It is only through His strength that we will be able to be conformed to the image of Christ, not because we are able to change ourselves.
(Matthew 16:24; John 14:23; Galatians 5:25; II Corinthians 3:18; I Thessalonians 4:3)
We believe that the church is the body of Christ of which Jesus Christ is the Head. Through the gospel we are invited into God’s family. The members of the body are those who have placed their faith in the finished work of Christ. The purpose of the church is to glorify God by loving Him and by making Him known to a lost world.
(I Corinthians 12:27; Ephesians 1:22-23, 3:10-11)
The Holy Spirit…
We believe that the Holy Spirit is a distinct person within the eternal Trinity. The Holy Spirit’s purpose is to convict the world of sin, open the heart of sinful humanity to salvation, edify and empower the individual believer and church, and reveal to us the beauties of Jesus. The Holy Spirit is alive and active today, as well as the gifts of the Spirit chronicled in the New Testament.
(Acts 1:5, 8; Ephesians 3:16; 1 Cor. 12:4-6; 2 Cor. 13:14; John 3:16-19; 1 Peter 1:2; Titus 3:5)
We believe the entire Bible is the Word of God and God is the hero of the story. It was written by men who were moved by the Holy Spirit to write the inspired words of Scripture. It is God-breathed and without error. It is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that all may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
(Luke 24:26-17; John 5:39-40; Proverbs 30:5; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- Gospel. The gospel is believing in the person and work of Jesus Christ and is received by grace alone through faith alone. As we look to the truth of the Scriptures we see our faith is grounded in the gospel. We receive our justification and sanctification through the Holy Spirit’s power in the gospel, which is the key to transformed lives and communities. The gospel is the heart of the church because in the person and work of Jesus Christ people are saved and built up. Jesus is the leader of the church and that is why the gospel is the central focus of everything we do.
- Family. The bible describes the church as a family. God has created all people from every nation in his image and in Christ we become children of God. Jesus has made us brothers and sisters through His work on the cross. Our hope is to be an authentic family of believers; sinners loved by God.
- Mission. We believe that God has given us, as believers, a new mission in life to make disciples of Jesus. He has set us on mission to love our city & make disciples in our everyday lives. God can use our work or hobbies to bring people to Him. He has given us the power of the Holy Spirit to live lives not for ourselves, but for the glory of Jesus.
- Rhythms. We believe that God renews all things in him. Through this transformation he has given us a mission to live out everyday. In all aspects of our lives we are called to show the love of Jesus, because Jesus makes all things new. The mission to show Jesus’ love is not forced, it is expressed through the natural rhythms of everyday life by the leading and empowering of the Holy Spirit of God. If you’re single, young married, parents or grandparents, we can serve Christ in every rhythm of life.
- Kingdom. The Kingdom is made up of all types of people from every nation. The multi-ethnic nature of the church is a reflection of our city because of the unity found in the gospel. Our church is just a small part of the work God is doing all over our city and around the world. Ultimately there is only one church, Jesus’ church. We are here to unite & partner with other believers in advancing the Kingdom of God.